The Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey (STANJ) has been the voice of advocacy for speech communications and theatre arts in New Jersey since 1960. We’ve implemented state and national advocacy strategies and helped to recognize, develop and promote the importance of teacher certification in speech and theatre. Our purpose is to promote excellence in the study and teaching of communication and theatre arts, encouraging innovative methods of teaching speech and theatre.
As an NJEA affiliate, the association includes members from elementary, middle, high school, college and professional theatre who are interested in acting, directing, forensics, musical and technical theatre. In the beginning, our conferences and workshops in those areas were held at Rowan University, the College of New Jersey, Rider University and Montclair University.
STANJ is the voice of advocacy for the inclusion of speech and theatre in the educational curricula. It welcomes input from members to help foster growth and change.
I HEART STANJ Instagram instructions, rules, terms and conditions.
STANJ Instagram Contest Rules
1. Agreement of Rules: By participating, the contestant is in agreement with the Contest Entry Requirements, Terms, and Eligibility Requirements set forth by the Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey (STANJ).
a. Contestants must be residents of New Jersey.
b. This contest is sponsored by STANJ and is open only to contestants who are sponsored by a STANJ member teacher in good standing.
c. Contestants must be in grades 7-12 to enter.
3. How to Submit
a. Follow @stanj_artsnj on Instagram
b. Post an image and caption that you feel best captures the heart and soul of theatre!
c. Tag @stanj_artsnj and use the hashtag #iheartstanj
d. Post from a PUBLIC account or direct message @stanj_artsnj with your image and caption if using a PRIVATE account.
*All posts will be shared on the @stanj_artsnj story. Posts from public accounts, or messages from private accounts, must be posted by 5 PM on Friday, February 14, 2020 to be considered for the I HEART STANJ Instagram Contest. Each contestant may submit up to one post a day (therefore, a maximum of 5 posts!)
4. Prizes: One (1) $25 gift card!
5. Winner Selection and Notification: The most spirited picture that captures the true heart and soul of theatre will win! Members of the STANJ Board will review and select the winning contestant. The amount of “likes” and/or “re-posts” will have no effect on how winners are determined. All winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message to confirm acceptance. The prize will be mailed to the winner’s STANJ Director. The winner’s post will be re-posted and shared by STANJ on all social media platforms to announce who has won.
Contest Entry Requirements
Each student must be 13-18 years old and a current New Jersey resident.
Inappropriate images and content are prohibited.
Each contest entry post must meet the guidelines set for the STANJ Instagram Contest.
The image/caption must be original and created by the contestant.
Each student and their parental guardian(s) acknowledge and accept the STANJ Instagram Contest Terms of Agreement.
Each student and their parental guardian(s) must accept and acknowledge that they are agreeing to the following when participating in the STANJ Instagram Contest:
Terms of Agreement
1. By entering the contest, the entrant, and the entrant’s parental guardian(s) if under 18 years of age, automatically gives the Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey permission to utilize and share the entrant’s name, school, and the video submitted for the contest for promotional, media/press, and educational purposes.
2. The results of the contest will have no effect on future Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey Governor’s Award Competition results, and past Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey Governor’s Award Competition results have no effect on STANJ Instagram Contest results.
3. The contest is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. By entering, entrants confirm they are 13+ years of age, release Instagram responsibility, and agree to Instagram’s term of use.
SANDI VAN DYKE
STANJ AUXILIARY COMMITTEE